Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
Job Position: Volunteer Engagement/Recruitment Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Exempt (40hrs/week)
Schedule: Flexible hours most often falling between 9am and 7pm Monday - Friday; Occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and events.
Salary & Benefits: $18/hr. to $24/hr. and benefits available.
Reports to: Executive Director
Organization Summary: Our Mission: To provide learning and leadership through youth-adult partnerships in Carlton County. Our Vision: We envision a community where every youth experiences a variety of positive and encouraging relationships that provide a sense of belonging and allows each youth the ability to achieve their full potential both individually and as members of the community.
Job Purpose: The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator will attend youth programming to build relationships with REACH’s young people to best screen and suggest placement of volunteers in appropriate programs and activities. This person will also carry the primary responsibility for recruitment and support of volunteers. The coordinator will provide staff support in coordinating and supervising volunteers. They will develop an orientation manual as well as conduct initial volunteer orientation. In addition, develop a training manual and provide some training sessions.
The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator will recruit new community volunteers who will support youth in their path to high school graduation through REACH’s Summer Credit Recovery Program which assist students who need to recover credits towards graduation. They will assist in connecting peer groups to re-engage in the community. This includes REACH's in-school Students Offering Support (SOS) Program, after-school programs, well-being activities, enrichment activities, and service-learning opportunities and recreational activities throughout the year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Carries the primary responsibility for recruitment, screening, and support of volunteers.
2. Building relationships with REACH’s young people to best connect volunteers with them.
3. Will screen and suggest placement of volunteers into appropriate programs and activities.
4. Maintain program reporting systems for volunteers.
5. Report information and stats from data collection.
6. Meet regularly with volunteers to ensure programmatic compliance.
7. Develop and deliver volunteer trainings and manuals.
8. Ensure volunteers recruited and young people served match or exceed the numbers reported in the Grant.
9. Ensure grant program compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or three years’ experience in managing volunteers or staff.
• Proven ability as an engaging presenter and trainer.
• Experience working with federal grant funded projects and doing grant reporting.
• Experience with grant fiscal management.
• Program management experience.
• Ability to successfully manage and complete priorities and projects.
• Experience with event and/or workshop planning.
• Ability to research, plan, develop, and execute best practices in this field.
• Ability to represent REACH to the public and to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with a wide variety of outside agencies, organizations, and partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication, attention to detail and work organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills and competence with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Valid Driver’s License and vehicle available for travel in Carlton County area and Greater Minnesota.
• Office of this Coordinator is in Cloquet MN. Travel in Carlton County for meetings, workshops, and collaborations with other organizations, schools, businesses, etc. will be required.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]